Saturday, December 27, 2008

Family Time and Fun in Frankenmuth

Every Christmas we spend the day with my mom's family in Bay City. This year we set the camera timer and got a great picture to remember the celebration.   

We also saw my cousin, Lisa, and her baby, Elizabeth.  Here is Elizabeth and her great-grandmother, Elizabeth.  


While we were at my Grandma's house, I wandered into her bedroom and found this beauty. Isn't it something?  She loves it!  She told me that she bought it 20 years ago for $5.  And she says that it works so much better than the new plastic ones!  She even pulled out some scrap fabric and showed me how it works.

We spent today in Frankenmuth and had lunch with Katie and Rob.  We started this tradition a few years ago and we really enjoy seeing them.  We have a routine...we meet at Zehnders for lunch and then we go to a few of the little shops.  Last year we discovered a shop that had 40% off the entire store!  And they have fabric!  Katie and I love it.  This year we went back and we were so lucky again.  We both got some great new fabric to add to our stash.  Happy sewing Katie!

No comments: