Sunday, January 27, 2013

Birthday Dresses and My First Fair Isle Project

Happy Birthday, Naomi!  Today is her 1st birthday and I made her this dress.  It's a little big, but she'll grow into it.




My mom and I made this reversible dress for her as well.




She's celebrating with a party at home today and this is her hanging out in the park a few days ago.  My parents are visiting and having fun hanging out with her for the week.


I also sent her this crochet sweater that I made a while ago.


Last week, I took a class and learned how to do fair isle knitting.  This is my first project and I really like how it turned out.  I'd like to make some mittens to match.




And, I finished some socks recently.  These are knit from yarn that is made of wool and bison.  The yarn is really sturdy and warm.


And, these are knit from one of my favorite sock yarns since I knit my first pair with this yarn as well.  It is Malabrigo and it knits and wears so beautifully. 

No comments: